Ethos & Values
Children at Potley Hill are proud of their achievements, respectful of others and equipped for new challenges and learning.
Potley Hill Primary School is a learning and growing community where academic, social, cultural, spiritual and moral values are developed and nurtured, and where all children have equal access to the education provided.
Children are encouraged to develop the following 6 key values:
- Respect everyone and everything
- Do our best
- Be creative
- Try new things
- Look after each other
- Work as a team
The School will:
- Seek to develop active learners with lively and enquiring minds through the establishment of a firm foundation of positive attitudes and skills, and an understanding of themselves as learners. This will support the development of selfmotivation and self-confidence, working toward independence.
- Provide an inspiring curriculum built on thematic activities and first-hand experiences, which will motivate and challenge the children through investigative and creative learning.
- Strive to achieve personal excellence in all aspects of school life. The recognition and celebration of this will enhance the children’s self-perceptions.
- Promote high standards of behaviour, which will be reinforced by praise.
- Provide a well-organised, stimulating and secure learning environment in which children’s previous knowledge is challenged and enhanced, and where their best efforts are celebrated.
- Prepare the children to cope with our continuously changing world, encouraging selfdiscipline and the ability to co-operate with others, whilst displaying tolerance, consideration and mutual respect.
The work of the school community will be regularly evaluated to ensure high standards of achievement.